All travelers (including Korean nationals) are required to present a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result
1) The negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result should be issued within 72 hours of departure date
- The test result must be original and in English or Korean.
- If the test result cannot be issued in English or Korean, a translated version in either Korean or English, and a notarial certificate for certifying the translation should be submitted along with the original test result.
(Notarization of translated documents) Personal translations should be notarized by a local notary organization or embassy. Notarization will not be required when documents are translated by certified translators or certified translation offices.
- In case of departing from a country subject to reinforced quarantine measures, only documents issued by Korea Embassy-designated test institutions (agencies) will be accepted.
2) Examples of inappropriate and unacceptable negative COVID-19 (PCR) test results
- Document issued more than 72 hours from the departure date
- In case of departing from a country subject to reinforced quarantine measures, document issued by a non-designated test institution (agency)
How to calculate the timing for 72 hours (count back from midnight (00:00) of departure date)
(ex) If the traveler’s departure time is 10:00AM, 5 October, PCR test result document issued after midnight (00:00) of 2 October will be accepted.